Sometimes when people teach about essential oils, it can be long and boring or just way to confusing. That is why I wanted to do a super quick essential oils 101 crash course for beginners!
So before we dive in please keep in mind that I am not a medical professional! If you are on any prescription medications or have health issues, please seek your doctor’s advice first. This information is for educational purposes only!
What Exactly are Essential Oils?
So what exactly are these super smelly (in a good way… most times) liquids in these little tiny bottles and why is everyone talking about them? Is it some sort of fad or something?
Thankfully I can tell you they are not a fad. People are talking about them, because they work!
Where do they come from? Essential oils come from all kinds of different herbs, trees, flowers, resins, fruits and more. They are all natural! A lot of people that are sensitive to smells, like using essential oils because they don’t get the nasty side effects like they would get from synthetic fragrances!
I have a whole video that I did awhile back on the whole distillation process and how we actually get oils out of the plant, but for times sake, let’s keep moving!
I’m going to get a little nerdy on you for a second, but want to know the coolest part about essential oils? They have super small particles. Like… SUPER small. They can pass right in between the skin cells and get directly into the bloodstream. The oil then reaches all the cells in your body in a matter of minutes! 1
How do you Use Them?
There are three ways you can use essential oils: Inhalation, topically, and internally.
- Inhalation: You can inhale essential oils by directly smelling them out of the bottle, when they are on the skin, or by diffusing them. Diffusing them is the preferred method for many people since it acts as a natural air freshener and helps you get benefits from essential oils! I love diffusing a few drops of Purification. It helps more than any other air freshener in the world!
- Topically: This is my favorite way to use them! I love creating my own essential oil blends made just for me! I love wearing them as natural perfumes (because synthetic fragrances are horrible for you) as well as for targeted support. I love putting a few drops of Stress Away on the back of my neck when I need some extra relaxing!
- Internally: This one’s a bit controversial, but I recommend using the Vitality line from Young Living because they have been labeled by the FDA as a supplement for internal use. An easy way to use essential oils internally is by putting a few drops in a vegetable capsule or in some water!
Why do you Need Them?
Essential oils are great alternative to toxic products. The average woman applies over 300 to 500 chemicals a day to her body just through soaps, makeup, shampoos, and hair care products! Shocking right?! These chemicals cause headaches, asthma, reproductive issues, and even cancer! Unfortunately though, not many people know that there are alternatives.
Essential oils can help you swap out your toxic cleaning supplies, beauty products, and more! You can start making your own products at home, or of course Young Living has a huge (and I mean HUGE) selection of toxic free cleaning, beauty, and personal care products that are full of essential oils.
Not only are essential oils great to switch out toxic products, but they also support every single system of the body. Have you ever heard the phrase “there’s an oil for that?” I used to laugh when people said that… but it’s so true!
Tough day at work? A little under the weather? Kid have the sniffles? Is it that time of the month? Oils got your back!
Think about it. Do you know what you are putting into your body? Go home today and pick up your shampoo, toothpaste, deodorant, makeup, and cleaning supplies and learn about the ingredients in them. You will be surprised with what you are putting in and on your body every day. Once you start learning about all the junk in your house, you will HAVE to make a change. So where do you start?
Where do you Start?
The Premium Starter Kit is by far the best place to start! I have a whole video series on this kit in depth, so check that out if you are interested. For now, I am going to give you a quick rundown of what it is and why it needs to be in your life… like ASAP!
What all does it come with? The PSK is $160 and comes with 11 bottles of essential oils, samples, and a diffuser (IKR!!!) which is an amazing deal! It also comes with a lifetime wholesale membership. That means 24% off your oils for life. Every single order that you place after the kit is 24% off. AHMAZING!! To maintain a wholesale membership you only have to spend $50 a year so Young Living knows you’re alive.
So let’s talk about the oils the kit comes with since that is the most exciting part (besides the diffuser)!! Once again, this is just a quick run down. To get an in depth look at the Premium Starter Kit, go here!
- Frankincense – This is one of the top skin oils! You can diffuse it to lift the mood, inspire, and balance emotions. It is also known as the coconut oil of essential oils because it has over 10,000 uses!
- Lavender – It is one of the top oils for relaxation! It is also one of the top oils to support healthy skin. It’s called the “Swiss army knife” of essential oils because of its many uses!
- Peppermint Vitality – Promotes healthy bowel function and enhanced healthy gut function. You can add a drop to an herbal tea to help soothe an occasional upset stomach. It may also support performance during exercise (we all need help sometimes)!
- Thieves Vitality – This oil is a must have! It helps support a healthy immune system and helps maintain overall wellness! I like to put a few drops on the bottoms of my feet right before bed. It is also a great degreaser and can be found in Young Living’s Thieves Household Cleaner (another must have)!
- Stress Away – I love this one!! It is one of the top emotion oils. It is a natural way to combat normal stresses that creep into everyday life. It could save a marriage….
- Lemon Vitality – This one is amazing to clean with! Add 2-3 drops in a bowl of water to wash fruits and vegetables. Use it directly to remove sticky residue or add to a natural household cleaner. It may help support the immune system as well!
- PanAway – This one is great for those of us who don’t sit all day (…not me)! Apply after exercise for a refreshing cooling sensation! Use in an epsom salt bath to support the muscular system. It also smells super amazing (Wintergreen is my jam)!
- Copaiba Vitality – Promotes overall wellness! Many people take a few drops in a vegetable capsule every day! It is a key ingredient in Young Living’s Deep Relief Roll-On.
- DiGize Vitality – Top oil blend for supporting the digestive system. I can’t go on a trip without this one! Add two drops, along with a drop of peppermint, to water to help digestion or take in a veggie capsule.
- Citrus Fresh – The oil contains Orange, Tangerine, Grapefruit, Lemon, Mandarin oils, and Spearmint! It is great to diffuse to freshen up a room and bring an uplifting atmosphere! You can also make your own linen spray by adding a few drops to a spray bottle with some water! Who needs nasty, chemical fragrances when you have this?
- Raven – This oil contains cooling oils like Ravintsara, Peppermint, Eucalyptus Radiata, and more! It is perfect to rub on the chest and throat especially during the winter months!
So why get the starter kit? Obviously It will help you get started with natural living! These oil will support your every need. It is the only thing on the Young Living site that’s half off! Without the diffuser and samples, you’re literally getting 11 bottles of therapeutic grade oil for $70. You can’t even get them that cheap at the grocery store!
Let me get real with you for a moment as I wrap up— and tell you the true reason I teach so emphatically about this.
I used to be sick. I had daily headaches, was nauseous all the time, had joint pains and more. When I started learning about all of the toxins in my home, I was disgusted! I couldn’t believe all the chemicals I was using on a daily basis!
When I ditched the chemicals and started using essential oils, I felt so much better! My headaches decreased, I wasn’t as nauseous, and my joints didn’t hurt every single day. I had a long way to go, but It changed my life!
I am teaching you about toxins and essential oils today, because I don’t want you to get to the point I did. I don’t want you to have to feel sick every single day of your life! I want you to know about the chemicals in your products and that there are alternatives! I encourage you to educate yourself and make a change! Don’t wait. Your family needs you!
If you want to learn more about essential oil, I have tons of videos on my channel. If you are ready to take the leap and get your Premium Starter kit, there will be instructions on how to order below. I promise you, you will love what this kit does for you! It’s worth every penny.
I hope you learned something from this crash course and you are going to make the changes you need, today!!
How to Order
~ Go to the Young Living Sign-Up page: Young Living Sign Up!
~ Check “wholesale member”
~ Enter this number 12453025 in the Sponsor ID and Enroller ID spaces
~ Fill out your information and be sure to include your email! This is how I will contact you. Make sure you write everything down so you can sign in later!
~ Choose your kit!
~ You can sign up for Essential Rewards (A monthly wellness subscription box) now or you can sign up later. I highly recommend getting on Essential Rewards as soon as possible if you want free products and amazing discounts!
~ To learn more about your oils, log into your virtual office at youngliving.com, “sign in” and check out the short videos on the “Getting Started” tab.
Welcome to the oily life!!
I am so excited for you! I am always available for emails, phone calls, texting, or Skype. I am here for you! I will be emailing you soon with more information!