It’s winter again. NOOOOO! The flu is going around like crazy and we all need a little bit of immune support. Today I wanted to share with you how I naturally boost my immune system and keep the little buggies far away.
Step 1: Exercise!
The first thing I do is exercise! There has been proof showing that exercise helps boost the immune system so I try to keep moving during the winter months! It would be even better to get outside in some fresh air and maybe take a short walk. You can read a little more about this here.
Step 2: Morning Supplements and Tea
Next I take my supplements with my breakfast!
- The first thing I take is Inner Defense. “Young Living’s Inner Defense™ reinforces systemic defenses, creates unfriendly terrain for yeast/fungus, promotes healthy respiratory function, and contains potent essential oils like oregano, thyme, and Thieves® which are rich in thymol, carvacrol, and eugenol for immune support.” Yes please!!
- Tumeric is an amazing spice that helps reduce inflammation and thus help immune health. Learn more about it’s immune boosting abilities here.
- Sometimes I like to make an immune supporting tea! I heat up some water, add a bag of my favorite detox tea, and then add a few drops of Thieves and Lemon essential oils! It’s super yummy and super amazing for my body.
Step 3: Eating Right!
Eating right is super important if you want to boost your immune system and avoid getting sick. Refined sugars, breads, and other sweets, are going to cause inflammation and weaken your immune system.
I try to eat plenty of fruits with vitamin C and add greens to every dinner! I love spinach and asparagus. Yum!!
Step 4: Bedtime Supplements
Before bed I like to take:
- Life 9! “Life 9™ is a proprietary, high-potency probiotic that combines 17 billion live cultures from 9 beneficial bacteria strains that promotes healthy digestion, supports gut health, and helps maintain normal intestinal function for overall support of a healthy immune system.” A healthy tummy is key to a healthy immune system. Read more here!!
- I also take vitamin D3 every day! Most of us unfortunately don’t get enough sunlight (especially during winter) which can take a hit on our immune systems. Dr. Axe says that “Research shows that vitamin D works to maintain tolerance and promote protective immunity.”
Step 5: Douse in Essential Oils!
During this time of year I diffuse Thieves and Purification like a mad woman! Every night I also add a drop or two of Thieves and Oregano to the bottoms of my feet. This helps give my immune system the love it needs while I rest!
If I really need a boost I will add 8 drops of Orange essential oil to my hand and rub it on my lower abdomen to get my daily dose of vitamin C! Plus it smells soooo good!
I hope this helped you get inspired as to how to boost your immune system naturally!
Remember to keep your fingers crossed and don’t forget the Thieves. 😉
If you want to purchase any of these oils or supplements from Young Living, please follow the instructions here.